Mission and Values
Our Core Purpose
To Make People Safe and Feel Safe
Operational policing is the core business for Cheshire
Constabulary. We are here to preserve life and property, uphold the
law, prevent crime, bring offenders to justice, keep the peace,
help and reassure our communities.
- Service - providing a service with the
positive consent and support of all our communities.
- Professionalism - striving to improve our
skills and expertise in order to improve performance, ensuring a
professional image is portrayed at all times.
- Integrity - maintaining the trust and
confidence of our diverse communities demands us to be honest and
ethical in how we conduct our business. It also requires rigorous
and objective investigation and appropriate remedial action to be
taken when appropriate.
- Compassion - delivering services in a
sympathetic and considerate manner and maintaining a duty of care
to victims, witnesses and the public in general.
- Equality and Fairness - underpinning
everything we do is a commitment to equality and fairness in the
delivery of services to the public and in our treatment of each
other. This involves being proactive in tacking discriminatory
behaviour, particularly relating to age, disability, gender
reassignment, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual
We will act in accordance with our organisational
- We do what matters to the victim
- We do what matters to the community
- We act fairly with the offender (we want to reduce
- Whatever we do must be in the public interest
Our design will ensure:
- We do the right thing once at first point of contact (either
resolve or ‘set up’ the right process for each demand type – design
- We have staff who are capable of dealing with predictable calls
for service where it happens
- If we have to pass work on we do it ‘clean’ – that is we do as
much as we can before passing it on
- We retain ownership and ‘pull’ expertise when needed (we don’t
fill in forms to refer it on)
Strategic Objectives - What we want to achieve
We will be successful when:
- We respond as an emergency service in a way that cares for
individuals and the public when they are in need and protects our
communities from serious harm.
- We understand and meet the expectations of the people of
- We have earned the trust and confidence of the public and each
- We work with the public and our partners to prevent those
crimes and acts of anti-social behaviour about which the public are
- We bring offenders to justice in a way that provides the best
care for victims and witnesses and work effectively with our
partners to prevent re-offending in each individual case.
- We make the best possible use of our people and resources and
have removed waste and duplication.