How can I report alcohol-related crime/alcohol abuse?
There are a variety of ways to report alcohol issues
- In an emergency dial 999
- In a non emergency dial 101
- Contacting the local authority
How can I prevent alcohol-related crime?
- Report underage sales of alcohol to police and
your local authority.
- Report any problems with licensed
premises - such as selling alcohol to people who are
underage - to the police and local authority.
- Ensure your community retailers are aware of your
- Talk to your children about alcohol and the
effects of alcohol mis-use and encourage responsible and moderate
- Ensure you know what your children are doing
and where they are going.
- Take responsibility for any alcohol stored in
the home, checking that it is not being taken onto the streets by
- Lead by example, by taking responsibility for
your own actions.
- Provide alcohol misuse education to
- Take responsibility for your own actions and talk to your
Police School Liason Officer.
Pubs and licensees
- Join and support PubWatch.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that alcohol is not sold to
under 18s by training staff in the implementation of
Challenge 21 or Challenge 25.
This includes checking whether the person has acceptable ID.
- Train door staff and bar
staff to deal with people who have had too much to
- Refuse to serve people you believe have
had too much to drink.