Why should you keep your computer secure?
About one in four internet users become a victim of cyber crime.
Many security threats are designed to allow a hacker to gain access
to your computer. The hacker can then:
- Get your personal information, such as passwords for accessing
your online bank account, credit card details (when you enter them
into a web page), email etc.
- Use your internet connection to send spam messages to your
- Use your computer for other malicious purposes.
- Simply remove or destroy content on your computer.
- Internet crime is a worldwide problem, which Cheshire
Constabulary takes very seriously.
What information will I get from this section?
This section explains how to spot a virus, erradicate a virus
and prevent getting a virus/trojan horse.
This section will give you some simple do's and don'ts when you
create a password.
This section explains what social networking sites are and
protecting yourself whilst you are using them.
This section gives advice on how to shop online safely.
Following the advice and information in this section of the
website will help to minimise your chances of becoming a victime of