Cheshire Constabulary is committed to being easily accessible
when you want to contact us. In order for us to do this as
effectively as possible and so that you get the assistance you need
quickly, it is important that you contact us on the correct
Always use 999 in an emergency. Our 999 call
handlers strive to answer all calls within 10 seconds.
You should dial 999 if:
- there is a danger to life
- violence is used or threatened
- a serious crime (violent crime/burglary) is in progress or
likely to occur
- a suspect for a serious crime is nearby
- there is a road traffic collision involving personal injury or
danger to other road users
- a vulnerable person needs urgent attention
Reporting emergencies if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have
a speech impediment
By text phone (Typetalk)
You can now call the police using Typetalk
emergency line 18000.
By SMS text message
You can also use Emergency SMS (ESMS) service
to send an emergency text message. Before you are able to send an
emergency text message you will need to
register your mobile phone with the system.
After you have registered your phone, you will be able to send
text messages to 999. Guidance on how
to send an emergency text message is available on
the ESMS website.
For non-emergency calls, call 101. Using
999 for general enquiries may delay response to someone who needs
You should dial 101 (the non-emergency
- you want to report a crime or criminal damage that is not in
progress at the time of your call
- you want to report a minor road traffic collision
- you want to contact your local police officer
- you want to enquire about lost property or provide information
to the police
- you need information or advice
How much does it cost to phone 101?
Calls from landlines and mobile networks cost 15 pence
per call, no matter what time of day or how long you are
on the phone.
Reporting a non-emergency if you are deaf, hard of hearing or
have a speech impediment
You can now contact the police through Typetalk
for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.
Contacting from abroad
To contact Cheshire Constabulary from abroad ring
+44 1244 350 000