Mission and Values: We're Here
We have clear set of commitments that describe the level of service members of the public should expect from Cheshire Police.
Our commitments cover four key areas, they are as follows:
We're here where you need us, when you need us
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- We will prioritise your calls, attending emergency calls within 15 minutes and non-emergency calls within 60 minutes
- If you request an officer to attend, we will arrange for someone to visit you at a mutually convenient time
- Key community locations will have a named officer or PCSO assigned to them to maintain regular contact - examples include schools and faith centres.
We're here for victims
- We will offer guidance to reduce the chance of you becoming a victim again
- We will provide you with a named point of contact for your case, agreeing if and how you want to be kept updated
- We will ensure all victims are offered a referral to victim support service and we will help you make a statement where appropriate, detailing how the crime has affected you personally
- We will act on feedback to improve our services.
We're here for justice
- We will record and investigate crimes reported to us and, should a decision be made to stop any further investigation, we will explain the reason why to the victim
- We will support witnesses, providing information about giving evidence and the court process
- If our investigation does not conclude with a court appearance, we will explain what has happened to the victim
- We will update you on the outcome of your case as soon as we can and as a maximum within three working days.
We're here for communities
- We will ensure that we are accessible to you in different ways, publishing how you can contact us and providing details on who your local officers are
- We will be transparent about our performance, our successes and any improvements we need to make
- We will encourage public participation in policing to make our communities safer
- We will identify and target the main community and policing priorities in each local area and provide information on what we are doing about them.
To protect individuals and property, and prevent harm to communities. These commitments are underpinned by code of ethics.
To make Cheshire the safest place in the country, and be a police force here for you when it matters, where it matters.
Tell us how we are doing
If you think we are falling short of the service promises made under the We're Here commitments you can make a complaint about the service you have received. If you believe we are doing well you can also make a compliment about the service you have received.
We welcome all feedback from the public as it allows us to see what we are doing well and where we need to improve. We want to offer the best service in the country and these commitments are our way of helping us meet this target.