On the 6th May 2016, David Keane was elected as the second Police and Crime Commissioner for Cheshire, replacing John Dwyer.
Role of the Police and Crime Commissioner
The Police and Crime Commissioner, or PCC, is responsible for holding the Chief Constable to account on behalf of the people of Cheshire.
The PCC will maintain an effective and efficient police service.
Other duties include:
- To appoint and, if necessary, dismiss the Chief Constable
- To set policing priorities and produce an Annual Plan
- To set the annual police budget and council tax precept
- To publish an annual report and accounts
- To consult and involve the public.
Further information is available on the Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner website.