Here For You

There are many ways you can get in touch with Cheshire Police – in person, online and over the phone. 

But did you know that there may be a better and more effective way of dealing with a query that is not an emergency – without having to pick up the phone and dial 101? 

We want to make sure that you have all the information you need to be able to consider all the options available to you and to make the right choice for contacting us.

Cheshire now has a dedicated Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) in every ward across the county. They are an important part of policing and provide a connection between the force and the local community with a familiar face as a point of contact.

Details of PCSO surgeries are regularly updated on the local policing pages and you are encouraged to pop along to a surgery, get to know your local officer and raise any issues or concerns with them.

You can also visit your local police station or helpdesk.

If you:

  • Have a general query that is not urgent
  • Are seeking advice on a particular matter
  • Or need to let us know of a planned event in your area that may impact on the local community

Then the best way to get in touch with us is via the general contact form on our website.

Are you involved in an incident and have a named officer as a point of contact? If you want to get in touch with the officer allocated to your case then the quickest way to do this is by using the contact an officer form on our website. This is particularly useful for when officers are not on duty.

If you are looking for an update on an incident then you can request this via the incident update form on our website - don’t forget that you will need the incident number to be able to request this.

Is there an ongoing policing issue in your local area that you want to report or highlight as needing action? The most effective way of doing is to find your local team in the local policing section and complete the contact form. This message will be sent through to the local team to respond to.

There is a separate form for reporting issues with speeding drivers.

If you have dash cam footage of an incident you can also submit this to us using our dash cam submission form.


Remember - we are here to help and if we can we will.

But did you know that some local community issues – such as noise nuisance, dog fouling and fly tipping – are not police matters and there may be another agency such as your local authority or housing provider who is better suited to dealing with it.  

Cheshire East Council  

Cheshire West and Chester Council  

Halton Borough Council  

Warrington Borough Council


When to call 101

It is important to remember that in some cases ringing 101 will be the best option for you. 

You should call this number if you need to report a crime that has already taken place or to pass on information about a crime. 

Always dial 999 where there is a threat to life or a crime is in progress.

Here for you