Operation Hatay 5 gets off to good start Date published: 28th July 2015 2.43pm

The Local Policing Units have got off to a good start with fifteen arrests made in the first day of Operation Hatay.

Operation Hatay began yesterday (27th July 2015). Teams from across the force have been working hard to locate and arrest those people who have chosen not to turn up at court or not to co-operate with police.

Those arrested included people wanted for burglary, people trafficking, assault, breach of a restraining order and fail to appear warrants.

Chief Inspector Simon Parsonage said:

"Those who try to evade the courts are denying victims their chance to see justice done leaving many victims and communities unable to move on with their lives. From the very first Operation Hatay back in March last year we said we would continue with this operation to arrest those who are denying victims this right. Now we are into our fifth and remain committed to ensuring we are here for victims and for justice.

"Staff from the LPU’s and Crime car have actively been seeking offenders through the course of today and we have seen some excellent initial results."

Operation Hatay 5 will continue through this week until the evening of Sunday 2nd August.