CCTV appeal following theft of bike in Alsager
Main article content
Officers have released CCTV images of two males they want to speak to following a theft of a bicycle in Alsager.
Sometime between 10am and 11.15am on Monday 3 February officers received a report that a green and black Carrera bike had been stolen from outside Alsager Leisure Centre.
Officers investigating the theft on Hassall Road now want to speak to two males who may be able to help with their enquiries.
Police Constable Kerrie Cummings, Beat Manager for Crewe LPU, said: “If you recognise the two males in the CCTV images then please get in touch as we believe they will have crucial information which will help us in our investigation.
“We are also keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the bike since the incident to get in touch.
“If you think you can identify the males or have any other information that may help us with our investigation please call Cheshire Police on 101, quoting IML 627787.”
Crewe LPU are also issuing advice on how to keep bicycles secure:
- Get your bike security marked and registered via bikeregister.com/register
- Record details of your bike such as the frame number, the BikeRegister number plus any other distinguishing features and take a photograph
- Use two good quality locks, at least one being a D-lock
- Lock the frame and both wheels to a cycle parking stand and secure your bike as close as possible to the stand to give little or no room to manoeuvre
- Take parts that are easy to remove with you or use locking skewers or nuts which can increase security
- Lock your bike at a recognised secure cycle parking site, it should be well lit and covered by CCTV
- Take care to also lock your bike as securely at home as you would on the street
- If your bike has been stolen, contact Cheshire Constabulary as soon as possible by calling 101 or report it via https://www.cheshire.police.uk/ro/report/. Please provide us with your frame number, BikeRegister number, a photo and any other details you have.