Volunteer police cadetsV2
We have now completed recruitment for our 2021 cadet groups. We will be advertising later this year for groups starting in 2022.
Volunteer police cadets
If you would like to register your interest for the 2022 programme please visit our expression of interest page.
What is the Volunteer Online Police Cadet Programme?
The Volunteer Police Cadet programme provides an opportunity for young people aged between 15 and 17 to join the policing family and gain an insight into community policing.
The programme has been designed to develop key life skills, enhance your CV and help to prepare you for your future career, whether this is with the police service or another profession.
The programme will run for 6 months and training sessions take place every fortnight via Skype during the week between 6.00 and 8.00pm.
What will I gain from joining the police cadet programme?
- You will make new friends with similar interests
- Your self-confidence will improve
- You will talk to officers and police staff who can give you accurate information about their roles and experiences
- You will learn how to complete pocket note book entries, a basic skill used by all police officers
- You will learn about anti-social behaviour and the impact on communities and individuals
- You will learn how to use a police radio and the phonetic alphabet
What commitment do I need to make?
You need to commit to attend all sessions and actively participate
What are the entry requirements?
To become a Volunteer Police Cadet you must:
- Be aged between 15 and 17 when applying
- Live in Cheshire
- Have an interest in police work or your community
- Be able to work in a group and contribute
- Be able to listen to other people’s opinions and respect them
What is the recruitment process?
- You will need to complete an online application form
- Pass police vetting and reference checks
If there is further information you need please email us.