In an emergency
If you need urgent assistance you should always dial 999. We aim to answer within 10 seconds.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can:
- use a text phone to call the Typetalk emergency line on 18000
- send an emergency text message, find out how to register your mobile phone with the system
If it's not an emergency or a general enquiry
If you don't need urgent assistance, or have a general enquiry, you should dial 101 (our non-emergency number).
Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can contact the police using a text phone through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.
Contact from abroad
Call +44 1244 350000 if you want to contact Cheshire Police from outside of the UK.
Making a request for information
If you want to contact us in person you can find and visit your nearest police station.
We also have a number of police contact points across the county, these are touch screen devices which you can use to have a web chat or phone call with one of our call handlers.
Local Policing Units host regular meetings every month where you can speak to local officers and discuss issues with them. Visit the local policing section to find your Local Policing Unit and their meeting dates.
Also in this section
- Cheshire Police Alert
- Cheshire Police Headquarters
- General Enquiries
- Lost and Found
- Make a Complaint
- Make a Compliment
- Police Contact Points (PCPs)
- Police Stations and Custody Suites in Cheshire
- Registration of Foreign Nationals
- Report Crime Anonymously (Crimestoppers)
- Social Media Accounts
- Tell Us About Our Website
- Give us your views (consultations)
- Contact the press office
- Partner agencies