Tactical Training Centre
Cheshire Constabulary’s Tactical Training Centre (TTC) is a purpose built facility for the training of a wide range of disciplines including public order and firearms. The TTC covers an area of 5445 square metres and can be adapted for many different training purposes.
There are only three centres of this kind in the country and only two are available for hire, one of those being the Cheshire facility. The TTC is the only facility of this kind in the country that offers full vehicle access to the arena for training scenarios and a firearms range that has the state of the art ventilation system with a 100m range.
The TTC is in a convenient location adjacent to the main Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters. It provides a first class training environment, not only for Cheshire Constabulary, but for other police forces, law enforcement agencies and the military.
The close proximity to Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters, offers unique opportunities for people who hire the facility including, access to Headquarters conferencing and restaurant facilities.
What is available in the centre?
There are lots of facilities available in the centre. These include:
- 100m indoor firing range
- Firearms simulator room
- Indoor tactical training arena, including Hard House and mock premises
- Petrol reception area
- Matted room
- Furnished search house
- Classrooms with audio-visual systems
- Changing room and shower facilities
- Access to secure storage for weapons in the armoury
- Cage lockers for equipment bags
- Refreshment area with kitchen and TV – which can accommodate 40 people
- Dedicated vehicle parking for 50 vehicles is provided at the centre.
In addition to the above the following can also be arranged:
- Accommodation and food
- Access to additional conferencing and classrooms by prior arrangement
- Additional parking at headquarters.
- Examples of current training activities include:
- Abseil and rope access training
- Training in accessing buildings or methods of entry
- Firearms training in all police issue firearms and weapons
Other available training activities include:
- Firearms and public order tactics; on foot, in vehicle, alighting from vehicles or into buildings
- Search and crime scene investigation training
- Personal safety training
- Chemical, biological radiation and nuclear training
- Classroom training.
Tactics arena (without use of mock house)
Tactics arena (combined with use of mock house)
Mock house only
If you require any further information, would like to hire the Tactical Training Centre or would like to discuss any special or additional requirements, please contact the TTC on 01606 365400 or email: [email protected]