Transferee Police Officers
Why transfer to Cheshire Constabulary?
Officers transfer to Cheshire Constabulary for a number of reasons, for some it is our reputation as a forward facing force, others are looking for promotion or specialist opportunities, our ‘family-feel’ appeals to some and of course plenty do so for personal reasons.
Cheshire Constabulary is working to achieve the Chief Constable's vision of ‘Police Officers, staff and partners working together as a team to deliver even safer communities for the whole of Cheshire'.
Whatever your motivations for wishing to transfer you can be assured that the knowledge, skills and experience that you bring will be valued and welcomed from day one.
To be eligible you to apply must:
- Be a current serving Police Officer from a Home Office force.
- Have completed 12 months probationary of your period and be substantive in post.
- Have no live misconduct or performance investigation at the time of application.
- Declare any business interests at the time of application.
- Meet the force attendance standards.
Cheshire have an ongoing advert for transferees, which is always open and readily available for applicants to submit an application.
The following information is asked for:
- Personal details
- Training and Skills
- Qualifications and Experience
- Performance, Absence and Discipline Issues
- Details of your motivations for applying and reasons for seeking a transfer to Cheshire
- Your preferred location and area of work/specialism for posting (please note this cannot be guaranteed).
Values based interview assessed against the Competency Values Framework and appropriate to rank.
- Vetting, Professional Standards and Financial checks.
- Telephone Medical.
Those successful at pre-employment checks will be issued a formal offer and progressed to an intake date. Preferences on posting will be considered along with organisational demand and the needs of the community, therefore individual preferences cannot be guaranteed.
Cheshire covers a range of areas where successful individuals may be posted:
- Force Headquarters – Winsford
- Ellesmere Port
You will be paid in accordance with national levels of pay relative to your rank. You will transfer in at the same pay point as your current force.
You will transfer with the same leave entitlement you have currently.
- Occupational Health provider at HQ
- Sports and Social Club
- On site gym facilities
- Wellbeing Zone
- Sign up to the Blue Light discount
- Membership of the police pension scheme
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Career Progression